turbonegro wrote:i apologize ahead for the noob question im about to ask.. if i sell tom (exdate), regardless of the time, i still get my divs on june 20?
Welcome to the top twenty something index issues of the PSEi that have big market capitalization, plus some banks and financial big caps as well
Ibig mo ba sabihin Mr. Banker after ng distribution date babalik ang price ng SMPH to 16 which is today priced around 13. If I will going to add some more it is best to add today and sell after June 20 when its priced return to 16.
Tama po ba yon Mr. Banker?
If you will notice, sa COL, adjusted na ang price with respect to market capitalization and no of outstanding shares.. so Mr banker means babalik yung shares mo (paper loss) sa June 20 but not necessarily the price.. depende pa rin sa market sentiments...
What I meant by distribution date is the date when you receive your stock dividends and can sell them which is June 20.
Thus, explaining anew my answer to friend investor_fernan, funds that wanted to encash their paper gains sold before ex-date because... if they waited for ex-date, the price of the stock mwill adjust downwards..and they cannot recover their entire capital and paper gains that they wanted to encash right away. They can only recover these in full when they receive the stock dividends. Meantime, the time gap between ex-date and stock dividend distribution date exposes them to both a further reduction in cost as well as improvement in price.
Meantime, COL's adjustment at open today (12.70) was due to the increase in shares even if the stock dividends will only be there by June 20. In turn, the actual price at close today of 12.90 already includes both market dictated adjustment in price to cover both the cash dividend and the increase in the number of shares as well as an improvement in the price of the share given today's favorable sentiment. Future price behavior shall henceforth be decided purely by market sentiment on the stock and has nothing to do whatsoever with anything that will bring it back to 16.
Please advise, if clear..if not I will try to explain best way I can in a different way.
Salamat din Mr Banker sa mga 'substantial' advices mo.. Tingin ko tataas pa c SM prime and di na bababa sa 12.7, d pa kasi feel nang investors ang supply ng additional stocks...so till june 20, pwede pang maghold and wait & see...just keep my finger's cross..
We are with you in our hopes for gains in our equity investment. Of course, mommy market will dictate and we will decide accordingly.
Thanks to Mr. Banker for guiding us. May your tribe increase, and may we all pay it forward when we get the chance.
Thanks for the kind words, friend Legacy.
Yesterday, I noticed that SMPH was being sold down a few minutes before close...only to be propped up to end unchanged. Personally, I have kept some shares as I still want to grow their small earnings.
Given current market volatility, let's all keep alert classmates.
Credit Suisse attempted to close at 13.96 with 700k shares during the pre-closing bids! Same broker that propped up the stock yesterday. Hope they continue to buy to neutralize Daiwa and JP Morgan's selling.
Who is online